There are only 35 high end Schuler servo stamping presses in auto manufacturing worldwide and the one at Tesla is the first one in the US. The equipment has allowed Tesla to form unique parts, like the Model 3 front fender, which engineers say has greater depth in a single piece of stamped steel than any other fender in production. Tesla chose to build a factory to handle all of its seat production, making it unique in an industry where its competitors all outsource seats.
This is a good article highlighting manufacturing of the Model 3.
- New to Hot Stamping? March 30, 2019
- Combat Risk of Job Loss with Training March 15, 2019
- Aluminium Alloy Differences and Designations March 8, 2019
- Body Structure Part Strength on the 2019 Chevy Silverado March 1, 2019
- iPhones will be Assembled in the US? Unlikely. February 21, 2019
- Mazda Uses 1300 MPa (190 ksi) Cold Stamped Steel February 11, 2019
- SpaceX Starship/BFR Rocket Materials February 4, 2019
- Thinner is not always better January 24, 2019
- 20,000 to be hired by 2023 at POSCO as part of US$40 billion investment January 18, 2019
Tweets by @DannyEQSMy Tweets