There are only 35 high end Schuler servo stamping presses in auto manufacturing worldwide and the one at Tesla is the first one in the US. The equipment has allowed Tesla to form unique parts, like the Model 3 front fender, which engineers say has greater depth in a single piece of stamped steel than any other fender in production. Tesla chose to build a factory to handle all of its seat production, making it unique in an industry where its competitors all outsource seats.
This is a good article highlighting manufacturing of the Model 3.
- Treat Water Before Diluting Your Stamping Lubes October 12, 2018
- Lubrication Technology for Metalformers, a conference from Metalforming Magazine in Feb 2019 October 9, 2018
- Sharp Edges Lead to Cracks? Who Knew? October 7, 2018
- Using Test Data to Derive Product Improvements: Design Tests to Give Pertinent Quantitative Info September 23, 2018
- Tesla Stamping and Assembly of Model 3 September 20, 2018
- Schuler and Porsche Form JV for Auto Body Parts September 17, 2018
- Increasing Profits by Reducing Complexity and Focusing on Customer September 10, 2018
- Is it cheaper to flood the tools or use an engineered lubricant designed for advanced metals? September 7, 2018
- Finding Solutions for Wear -Tooling By Design in the September 2018 Issue of MetalForming Magazine September 4, 2018
Tweets by @DannyEQSMy Tweets